During the first half of 2018 worked as an intern programmer at the indie VR game company Chicken Waffle on their title Baby Hands. I had a really good experience there and learned a lot!
- Built a throwable class that can be expanded to different types of physics objects that could be needed in a VR game, including a throwing star and boomerang
- Incorporated a prebuilt spline system into the project to create interactable objects in the game that could be placed on and off splines
- Worked with another programmer to make an object with specialized physics (paper airplane) compatible with multiplayer
- Gained experience programming with and testing using several different VR headsets including the HTC Vive, the Oculus Rift, and the Windows Mixed Reality headset.
- Became familiar with Unity’s Collaborate feature and Perforce for continuous integration